Can you chart RB3 customs without Reaper?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I’m still rather novice at charting, but I made quite a few for Clone Hero via Moonscraper. What I’m asking is if there’s something like that for charting RB3 customs? I just can’t for the life of me figure out Reaper, let alone chart on a piano roll lol

TheSheepQueen
    Participant

Technically, yes you can author without Reaper. Just export to a .mid file with Moonscraper or EoF or whatever, but you will always need Magma to compile.

Does Moonscraper saves rock band midi files? Tried to search for informations about it but it seems it’s only tailored for Clone Hero. I’m pretty sure Clone Hero midi do not need most of the stuff that rock band uses.

mb1nightmare
      Participant

Can you chart RB3 customs without Reaper?

Yes!

Are they going to be good customs?

Uh… Maybe!?!?

RealCheese
        Participant

You can chart everything without Reaper. But you will still have to import the midi to Reaper to finish things up. There’s no way around it that I’m aware of.

Not entirely true. In theory EoF should be able to build RB mids that passes Magma, I know that raynebc did everything to make that happen. In practice I have no idea, haven’t used EoF for this purpose in forever.

raynebc
          Participant

Last time I tried this in EOF, it compiled in Magma as long as I authored the chart correctly. So it will work, but you’ll have limitations (ie. no harmony vocals and no pro keys being the biggest of those limitations).

TrojanNemo
            Participant

You can chart using binary for all Magma and the game are going to care. But its infinitely easier to use the proper tools that have guides and support. REAPER 4.22 with C3 template and following the authoring guides.

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk.

Technically, yes you can author without Reaper. Just export to a .mid file with Moonscraper or EoF or whatever, but you will always need Magma to compile.

See that’s what I tried, but when I compile in magma it tell me “beat required but not found” or something like that, and I have no clue what that means

That confirms my theory about Moonscraper not saving a rock band midi file.

You have only 2 solutions to your problem:

-Learn how to chart using REAPER

or/and

-Learn how to chart with EoF

There’s a 3rd option but I wouldn’t advise using it: Chart using Moonscraper, import that midi file in a REAPER C3 template and learn how to make it work in RB3.

raynebc
              Participant

If you want to try EOF for this, make sure to go into “File>Preferences>Import/Export” an enable the “Save separate Rock Band files” preference. The notes_rbn.mid file created on save will then be what you want to use with Magma (or to load into Reaper if you want to add finishing touches).

Mati12Osorio
                Participant

I chart using EOF and do all job on Reaper (difficulties, overdrive, harmonies, etc).

Mostly EOF could work but you need to be accurate with grid snaps. Sometimes EOF disjoints the notes (in the case of chords).

raynebc
                  Participant

Gems in a chord could probably not be separated in EOF without very deliberate action. Otherwise I’m not sure what you’re saying.

Ok I’ll try using EoF from now on then. Thanks for the help, everyone! :>

Also, can u import charts from Moonscraper onto EoF? I REALLY don’t wanna start over lol

raynebc
                    Participant

Yep. Use File>Import>Feedback to import a .chart file. Make sure you’re using the latest EOF hotfix (dated 9-28-2018), there have been lots of improvements with Feedback import this year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button