AJFOne’s Customs 6/3 – Broken links????

Viewing 15 posts - 1,051 through 1,065 (of 1,993 total)
  • Author
    MrPrezident

Great work everyone

Keeping the content Canadian since 2017!

SomeOldGuys: https://db.c3universe.com/songs/all/__user/someoldguys
      MrPrezident: https://db.c3universe.com/songs/all/__user/MrPrezident

AJFOne23
      Participant

Yes thank you to all my contributors making this insane project a reality

AJFOne23
        Participant

LATEST UPDATE 10/13 METAL MONTH DAY #13 Metallica – Stone Cold Crazy

PHtuJId.jpg

GUITAR/BASS: mrcoupdetat

No one can deny that Metallica is one hell of a cover band. Before this series reaches its end, I’m sure they’ll have several entries in it. If I had to choose just one Metallica cover, though, this would be it.
          The reason this song works so well really has more to do with Queen than Metallica, I think. When this tune was written for Sheer Heart Attack, it was a bit prophetic. At the time, no one had any idea that a brand of metal called thrash would come along a few years later or what it would sound like. No one, except perhaps Queen, who, with “Stone Cold Crazy” delivered what is arguably the first ever song in the genre.
          Of course, I could say that Metallica heavied the song up a little, but that’s not really true. Maybe the guitar tones had a little more growl in them, and James Hetfield’s voice certainly does, but they didn’t deliver the song any faster than Queen. Still, it seemed as though it were a song that had been written just for Metallica to perform. Like Freddie Mercury and Brian May knew they were coming and said, “we’ll write a little something that those boys can rip on one day.”
          And rip on it, Metallica does. With just as much energy and anger as the original. If there’s a better version of the song, I guess it would have to be this one, with the surviving members of Queen, Hetfield and Tony Iommi.
          AJFOne23
          Participant

LATEST UPDATE 10/14 METAL MONTH DAY #14 Morbid Angel 3 pack

F9SYUm2.jpg

GUITAR: Slayerfan304/ghostbyob

BASS: naginalJJ
            VOCALS: kueller
            “Chapel of Ghouls” is one of the most recognizable Morbid Angel songs. The song begins fast enough, though it slows down a little and includes a brief solo before resuming the previous speed. Around the 2:00 mark, there is a mid-paced and epic riff that creates an eerie atmosphere of old graveyards and murky forests. Trey’s solo adds to this effect. AS the song build to its climax, a chorus of demonic vocals erupts from the bowels of Hell.

NtVZjCE.jpg

GUITAR: naginalJJ/ghostbyob

“Fall From Grace” begins with mid-paced riffs that convey a sense of doom and despair. Sandoval’s drumming does well to crush any bits of hope from your withering soul. Just under a minute in, the pace quickens and it becomes apparent that David Vincent’s vocals have altered, to an extent. They are still, easily, recognizable while being a bit deeper than before. The images that come to mind are not so much of suffering souls, burning at the fiery depths. No, here one gets the sense of damned souls reveling in the decadence of their own damnation. Trey Azagthoth and Richard Brunelle compliment one another’s guitar-playing very well, as the solos flow naturally throughout the soundscape. Near the end, clean and ominous vocals make a sinister declaration:
            “I ride the flesh and the sinners of hell
            I am Belial
            I bend my knee not but for my selfish desire”

84ZfNfC.jpg

GUITAR: Hollowmind

“God of Emptiness” is a truly awesome song, and this isn’t just because it’s sludgy and slow and thus different. It’s because this song is dripping with atmosphere, it’s incredibly brutal and heavy despite being slower, making it fantastic to headbang to, the riffs are great, and the vocals are amazing.

GHOULS

AJFOne23
            Participant

rawsewage
              Participant

Oh man no Destructos Vs The Earth.

AJFOne23
                Participant

Oh man no Destructos Vs The Earth.

You’ll get this before you get that:

AJFOne23
                  Participant

LATEST UPDATE 10/15 METAL MONTH DAY #15 Megadeth – Killing is My Business FULL ALBUM

After being dumped across the country by his former band mates in Metallica, Dave Mustaine was, understandably, pretty angry After all, he had the most writing credits on the band’s first album and Metallica was doing exceedingly well in the metal underground. Oh and he was stuck in New York. He vowed to get revenge on his ex-band mates (somehow), and as luck would have it, Dave found himself a new band. The band was to be called Megadeth and which eventually included Chris Poland on guitars, David Ellefson on bass guitar, and Gar Samuelson on drums. 1985 rolled around and Megadeth released its debut album, Killing is My Business… Poor production qualities plagued the record, but it was fairly successful none the less. Fast-forward some 17 years and here we have Dave Mustaine, agreeing to fix the mistakes of the band’s past and remastering the album.
                    Much like Metallica’s Kill ‘Em All, the original version of Killing is my Business, had a very raw feel to it. And much like Kill ‘Em All, it was slightly difficult to listen, at least at first. The remaster is greatly appreciated, for it removes the fuzzy, hard to hear sounds of the 1985 version, replacing them with a crisper, cleaner tone. But don’t fret; the album still retains that raw, thrashy sound that one would expect from an 80’s thrash band. Though the Mustaine/Poland tandem is certainly not as good as the Mustaine/Friedman duo, the pair still gets the job done. Each track features several shockingly infectious guitar orientated sections. Be it rhythm or lead, riff or solo, beat, fill, or baseline, every instrumental aspect is performed at rapid speeds, speeds that could knock the wind out of any fan of the genre. Okay, perhaps it’s no Darkness Descends or Reign in Blood, but it’s still fairly impressive and fun to listen to.

p6Qef66.jpg

GUITAR: josh3d2004

BASS/VOCALS: EchoOfMystery
                    “Last Rites/Loved to Deth” is perfectly placed as the opener of the album. The opening piano section to the song is a nice start to get the listener’s attention. Then, the riff fest begins. The guitar riffs are really unique and fast.
                    Gar’s drumming is awesome. The one thing I noticed when I first heard this album is how angry Dave must have been. His vocals were definitely really raw during the track. The guitar solo is fast and pretty memorable. “Last Rites/Loved to Deth” is a solid way to start the album.

cwx9gpu.jpg

GUITAR/BASS: Doomtron

The title track continues the trend of angry thrash. The guitar riffs are really fast during this song. It’s honestly ridiculous how much Dave Mustaine is clearly trying to be faster and angrier than Metallica. Lyrically the song is simply talking about a hitman (The Punisher). The guitar solo is unique and pretty wild as well.

ogOrXlj.jpg

VOCALS/GUITAR/BASS: Sygenysis

“The Skull Beneath the Skin” has an eerie opening guitar riff that is as unorthodox as the rest of the song. I love how there are random guitar licks and solos throughout this entire track. The main riff to the song is really catchy and speedy. Ellefson’s bass sounds great as well.

Originally released by Sygenysis but now with fixed guitar, drums, and a venue.

Ux44nQV.jpg

GUITAR: BobDole

BASS: funkydunkleman

VOCALS: EchoOfMystery

“These Boots” is the controversial song on here because Megadeth took Lee Hazlewood’s popular song and basically made a thrashy, dirty lyric version of it and Lee did not take kindly to it. In the 2002 remaster version, some of the words are bleeped out in this song which is really annoying so this is the only song using the original mix presented here.

QYngvGp.jpg

GUITAR: sean2490

“Rattlehead” begins with an opening riff that is extremely fast. Then the random guitar soloing begins again. As I listened to the record I realized Megadeth completely threw song structure out the window. The chorus of the song is awesome and is probably my favorite from the album. The guitar solos are all extremely fast and ridiculous. The drumming in the song is so impressive as well. “Rattlehead” is one of my favorite songs from the entire album.

NTNcEJa.jpg

GUITAR: josh3d2004

“Chosen Ones” begins with another really cool guitar riff. Ellefson’s bass is really audible and sounds great. The guitar solo is really good and definitely another impressive one from the album. The drumming stands out again. “Chosen Ones” is another solid thrashy tune from the album.

shwaUen.jpg

GUITAR: Sygenysis

“Looking Down the Cross” begins with another eerie guitar riff that is soon met with random guitar soloing to begin the song. The song is fittingly creepy to begin, but soon becomes another thrash tune. I think the riffs are so catchy during the track and the guitar solos sound fantastic.
                    The bass is very audible and the drumming is perfect. Mustaine’s vocals actually work really well on the track. “Looking Down the Cross” is my favorite song from the album and demonstrates song writing that is superior and more mature in comparison to others on the album.

2x version

Mechanix was previously released by C3 author AddyMilldike. Addy writes, “Fans of Metallica may recognise the riff being similar to The Four Horsemen. That’s because Dave Mustaine wrote that song! But Metallica decided to slow it down. ‘Mechanix’ is what ‘The Four Horsemen’ originally sounded like. Fast and difficult to play!”

Awesome album choice

Sideshow
                    Participant

b072bb4ffc3edc03dfa5be5f5368b121.jpg

AJFOne23
                      Participant

4153afc9fc64cbb3274196edfad2615a--dave-m

Awesome. That’s three out of my four Megadeth albums in-game, joining the two done by Harmonix. You can probably guess the fourth.

AJFOne23
                        Participant

I forgot to credit mr funkydunkleman with bass on These Boots. Bad AJ :bang:

Sideshow
                          Participant

Awesome. That’s three out of my four Megadeth albums in-game, joining the two done by Harmonix. You can probably guess the fourth.

Countdown and Youthanasia are the last Megadeth albums I would care for full album treatment. Only vocals is missing for Countdown.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,051 through 1,065 (of 1,993 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Back to top button