Advice for mapping extremely inconsistent tempo?

• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by s.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jed
    Participant

I’m charting something really dumb (fifteen seconds in I’ve added four different tempo markers) but I’m wondering if y’all have any advice about improving workflow for mapping something that has essentially no consistency.

DemonUnicorns
      Participant

4 markers for 15 seconds? Thats not really inconsistent. Best way is to do a new marker for EACH measure. Even then you may need more than one marker for a given measure.

Agreed. Songs not recorded with a click-track or edited to be extremely tight will have variation from measure to measure. You’re lucky if you don’t need to use many tempo markers.

atupomaruru
        Participant

I thought doing one tempo marker for each beat was common practice.

DemonUnicorns
          Participant

Depending on the song, that may be overkill. However, there are certainly situations where that may be beneficial.

I do this because I just cannot handle seeing the gridlines even slightly misaligned from each peak, even if the actual difference in terms of playing it is miniscule. Hell I’ll even put tempo markers between the beats. Most of the time, however, mapping per measure is perfectly acceptable and won’t really affect how the song plays compared to more precise mapping.

jed
            Participant

I should’ve been a bit more specific about what I’m charting, it’s not really a song

s
              Blocked

Something is afoot… >=D

Edit: Oh by the way, this happened to a few weeks back. The lag and d/c was really bad I couldnt play, but it seemed to clear up. If its any help to know.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button